Monday 4 July 2011

Hotter than ever!




I have been coming to Coniston for more years than I care to remember....more than 50 years, and it has always been cold and wet, most of the time.
Well this week I have family business in the area so I have camped at the Park Coppice Caravan Site, which is in woods above Coniston Old Hall, where we, as a family have camped since the 1950's.
It is absolutely extraordinary that the weather is fine and warm and sunny. As I write these words it is 9.45pm and 21deg C!



Here we are, 250 miles up the M1/6 and £10.60 ripped off on the M6 Toll round Birmingham. Won't be doing that again. Seems like they have a thing against campervans. Once bitten, twice shy. No more M6 toll for me!
But the Park Coppice Caravan Park has been going since 1997, and recently had a major (well deserved) upgrade.

I always go and have a look up the lake (Coniston Water)...

And on this occasion had a wander down the path to Torver Common.
OK maybe it isn't bright and sunny, but it is warmer than at anytime I have known in these parts....
Next door is Coniston Old Hall, I might have a look in there tomorrow.......
End of post.......


























































No comments: