Saturday 19 May 2012

What a Grey Day

We were off to a promising start in March, with sunshine and warm weather but April and early May has been so bloody awful that I have delayed my departure for Europe for several weeks. But taking the bull by the horns I set off for the SW coast of France and crossed the Channel on the 15th May.

Dover again, wet and miserable.

The theme continues, this time at a small village in SW France. I have been keen to get as far south as possible in the shortest time but even here, close to Biarritz it is still cold and wet.

St Jean de Luz, oh how grey!

Even the fecking crocodiles are grey!

Hendaye, a beautiful place, but still a bit grey today!

Driving up into the Pyrenees and it was even worse!

Not many people taking pictures of the view!

But I have cut my losses. No more Atlantic Coast and grey cold weather. I am writing this post now from the Med, just south of Barcelona and it is completely different. I have made the effort to get away from that dreadful weather zone in western Europe, and just as I drove past Zaragoza the temperature shot up from 12 deg to 29 deg in just a few miles. Stand by for the next edition!

2 comments:

Sal said...

Well you got down south nice and quick !! we're still cold and wet bck home, enjoy the sun Sal xx

Anonymous said...

Well Monty
Just trying out the anonymous comment you suggested.
Photographs are amazing even if the weather is not.
Keep on trekking.
Take care,
Marjie