Monday 10 January 2011

So how about some real nice scenery

Hout's Bay.
A few miles south of Cape Town, this pic was taken from the famous Chapman's Peak drive. I had promised myself to take this photo before I left the UK.
These pics were taken on my visit to South Africa in April 2010.

A bit further south reveals Nordhoeck and its famous beach. I was stunned with such beauty.

The western cape is famous for its sunsets. This pic was taken from the Blue Peter Hotel.
The island on the horizon is Robben Island.

The Hugenot memorial at Franschhoek SA

Proteas are the national flower of South Africa. I was most generously given a bunch to bring home with me, and BA were quite happy for me to carry them into the cabin. I still have them because they eventually make the most fabulous dried flowers and keep forever.

Afternoon tea on the terrace of the Mount Nelson Hotel, Cape Town. Very old colonial, very Orient Express. Thank you Jean, Thank you Rob! Hold your pinky just right, ha!

So a bit further round False Bay is Koogelbai. Stunning!

The Cecil Rhodes memorial is profoundly moving and surprisingly unspoilt .
This edifice is grander and better thought through than any for a King. Maybe that's the secret, don't flaunt it.

Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens.
What a place! Just think what you could do if your winter temperature never dropped below freezing and there was no howling rainstorms or sleat.  

Table Mountain with the usual cloud cover!

Having fun at the Waterfront Cape Town.

No comments: