Thursday 6 January 2011

Well here we go, after a few false starts!

I became free in Nov 2010. This photo was taken by my Daughter  shortly afterwards on the steps of the Sacre Coeur Paris, France. The bloke behind was me until recently, see how stressed out he looks.
 I am now getting started with this blog, the main aim is to share my photos and experiences over the next few months since I became 'As free as a bird'.
I have been looking at loads of options and different services. I have been using Flickr a lot but find it quite complex for my purposes. It is good for serious photographics and the like but testing it on various members of my family leads me to consider it is not suitable for my purposes. You can try it if you like at <http://www.flickr.com/photos/malcolm_burton/> but I find it a bit like searching through a maze.
I must also, as an old codger, get used to working backwards. Blogs invariably post latest first, for obvious reasons, so I will cut to small bits at a time. I have also been looking quite seriously at both Facebook and Tumblr. Each has their merits but I have not yet resolved how I will post when I am abroad. Our recent trip to Paris cost me £45 for 3 days in Orange mobile charges. When I leave the UK in March it will be for about 90 days, so Orange is out of the question.
Tuilleries, near L'Orangerie, Paris, France
Here is another just to rub it in. See the bloke with the kids and the sphinx for his minx, and the cornucopia of wealth. Does he look happy?....But the bloke in green what does his face say! It says 'Been there done that, gertcha! caa'son, Ha!'

Freeasabird

No comments: